Monday, September 26, 2011

Buttermilk Caramel Syrup


I was looking for a recipe for buttermilk syrup for pancakes & found this recipe on the allrecipes.com website. It made the yummiest CARAMEL SAUCE ever! It wasn't really a breakfast syrup (way too sweet!), but it would be GREAT on ice cream. Anyhow, it was just yummy so I thought I'd post it on here so you can make it at home too.

Buttermilk Caramel Syrup:

3/4 cup Buttermilk (learn how to make your own butter & buttermilk on my homemade butter post)
1/2 cup Butter (or THRIVE Butter Powder reconstituted)
2 Tablespoons Corn Syrup
2 teaspoons Vanilla

I used homemade buttermilk for my recipe & it was SO SO SO good!


Mix your sugar, buttermilk, corn syrup, butter, & baking soda together in a TALL pan. Boil for 7 minutes & stir constantly. It boils up REALLY high & WILL boil over if you're not careful.


As your syrup is cooling add your vanilla. Stir well & you've got some yummy caramel syrup.


If you'd like to purchase any of the ingredients used in this recipe, comment below or visit my website: dani.shelfreliance.com

No comments:

Post a Comment