Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cheesy Potato Soup


This is another one of those - "Grandma's Best" recipes. My grandma can really cook. Everything I cook I learned from her. She is the best cook I know. Here's a recipe we've been eating for years & years, but I tried making with THRIVE food. It was great!
(& I didn't have to peel potatoes!)

Cheesy Potato Soup: by my Grandma Cherry

1 qt. Half & Half (I never said it was good FOR you)
1 can condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup
1/4 cup THRIVE Butter Powder, prepared (1/4 butter powder + 1/8 cup water)

First, boil those potatoes for a good 20 minutes. Drain.


Mix the Half & Half, Cheese Soup, & Bacon TVP. Pour over the potatoes. Add prepared Butter & cook for another 10 minutes at a low simmer.


Voila! You're DONE. Dinner doesn't get much easier than that right? And it tastes WONDERFUL. Don't forget a few slices of homemade whole wheat bread on the side. This is definitely a family favorite.



If you would like to purchase any of the ingredients used in this recipe (like the potato chunks so you don't have to peel potatoes all afternoon), leave a comment below or visit my website:

No comments:

Post a Comment