Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sloppy Joe Pizza


This is another family favorite at our house. This is one I just put together myself one day using whatever I had in the pantry. It's funny how it's THOSE recipes that become our favorites. Plus, it's even EASIER when you use THRIVE food.

Since it wasn't a real recipe my kids named it Sloppy Joe Pizza because it looks like sloppy joe meat on a pizza crust. This is one of those recipes that you could add & subtract all sorts of fun ingredients (like veggies) to make it to your liking. This is the way the Potter's like it:

Sloppy Joe Pizza

2 cups THRIVE Freeze Dried Ground Beef (you can also use the THRIVE Beef TVP)
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce
3/4 cup green onions, sliced
1 cup shredded cheese or THRIVE Freeze Dried Cheddar Cheese
1 loaf of Bread. . . we like the Italian Loaves

Rehydrate the corn & beef in 4 cups of water for 10 minutes. Drain. In a pan stir the Ground Beef, Corn, BBQ Sauce, Onions, & Salt. Heat through.


Slice your bread & place the bread slices on a baking sheet.


Top each slice of bread with the meat mixture until it's heaping with yumminess.


Sprinkle with cheddar cheese (just like a pizza). Normally I use the Freeze Dried Cheddar Cheese, but my little chick-a-dees ate my ENTIRE #10 CAN without me knowing. Little imps. (I guess that tells you how GOOD the cheese is). So I used just everyday shredded cheese.


Bake at 425 for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is golden. You're kids will LOVE this. And don't forget to sneak in some veggies. I've done spinach, peppers, broccoli, & others. I make it differently every time, but THIS recipe is the family favorite.


If you would like to purchase any of these ingredients leave a comment below or visit my website:

No comments:

Post a Comment