Friday, July 29, 2011

Pantry Can Storage Idea

Okay, so you might laugh at this, but I will do almost ANYTHING to keep my pantry organized. I keep all my #10 cans OUT in our garage, but have been using the pantry cans IN my house since they fit a lot easier than a bunch of gallon sized cans. Whenever one of my pantry cans gets empty, I take it out to the garage & refill it from my #10 cans. That way I'm not CONSTANTLY opening those #10 cans, & I'm saving space inside.

Well, I was carrying around a pantry can of freeze dried pineapple (snacking on it of course) & I happened to be in my closet organizing my shoes in my shoe organizer when I had an "A-Ha" moment. I took a shoe out & tried putting my pantry can in. IT FIT. I couldn't drive to Target fast enough. 30 minutes later I was organizing
ALL MY PANTRY CANS
in 2 organizers over my 2 pantry doors.


Some of the cans are a little snug (since these organizers are really cheap, some pockets are bigger than others), but I can see them all & they aren't taking up any shelf space anymore. I LOVE IT. In one organizer I have all my fruits & veggies & in the other I've got my basics (baking powder, soda, salt, butter, shortening, drink mixes, etc.), my yogurts, & my Taco TVP (another favorite in our house).


I just thought I'd share my "A-Ha" moment with all of you in case you're trying to figure out ways to save on space in your houses. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Cleaver. This is such a good idea. Too bad I don't have a pantry door to hang one over. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I love it. Totally going to do it. You are so smart.

    ReplyDelete