Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strawberry Preserves

Everybody loves homemade jam, including me. We wanted toast for breakfast on Sunday & sure enough, we were out of jam. Bummer right? NOT when you have THRIVE
food in your pantry! I just grabbed my can of Freeze Dried Strawberries & went to work. Within 10 minutes I had about 3/4 cup of homemade strawberry preserves for our toast! It was a HUGE hit & none went to waste!

Here's what you need:

1/3 cup of THRIVE Sugar
3/4 cup water

Mix it all together in a saucepan until it boils. Let it boil for about 2 minutes, then turn the heat down to low & simmer until the jam is the consistency you enjoy (5-10 minutes). You can smash up the strawberries or leave them whole. I like it chunky!


I like my jam pretty thick & FULL of delicious chunky strawberries!


You can put the jam in the fridge or serve it warm (which is my FAVORITE) on bread or toast. Refrigerate leftovers (IF you actually have any LEFT OVER). Enjoy!


If you'd like to order some delicious THRIVE Freeze Dried strawberries, comment below or visit my website:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! I'd never even thought of this! You could make raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, peach, mango... SO excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll go add strawberries to my Q. Hadn't thought of this either. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete