Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Strawberry (or ANY berry) Syrup


Okay, so we ate our toast & homemade jam for breakfast, but then the kiddos wanted pancakes for dinner! I had a few more strawberries in my #10 can so I thought,
"Let's make some SYRUP!"
That's something I LOVE about Shelf Reliance! I love how creative it makes me feel when I start "playing" with my food. I feel like I can make ANYTHING & I love that feeling.

The syrup recipe was very similar to my preserves recipe, but more of a syrup consistency rather than a solid jam. And just like the jam, you can make this with ANY of the THRIVE fruits. I think it's time to order me some BLUEBERRIES!!!

1 1/2 cups THRIVE (FD) Strawberries (or any THRIVE fruit)
1 1/4 cups water
3/4 cup THRIVE Sugar

Mix all 3 ingredient in a saucepan & bring to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes & then turn heat down to simmer & let cook for 7-8 more minutes.


I would recommend putting the syrup mixture into a food processor or blender to chop the strawberries even smaller (unless you enjoy chunkilicious syrup) before pouring it's deliciousness on your pancakes.
(I wasn't able to do this because my sweet little six year old accidentally tipped over my blender this weekend & sent it to blender heaven. I just bought a new blender today.)


Chunky or Syrupy, your family is going to love dressing up breakfast with this homemade delight. Enjoy!


If you would like to order any of the ingredients listed in this recipe, comment below or visit my website:

No comments:

Post a Comment