Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sleeping Bag Fun

Being a consultant for Shelf Reliance, I've purchased (& eaten) just about all their wonderful food. I'm just now starting to venture into their emergency preparedness supplies. I just got 2 HUGE 55 gallon barrels for storing water for emergencies. The kits are AWESOME because they have the barrels, a siphon & pump, water treatment, & a wrench. The whole kit was under $100. I LOVE THEM. Now my family has 2 weeks worth of water stored in case we need it. The barrel alone (without all the extras) is $70. I recommend buying one full kit to start with, & then just buying the barrels alone after that.

We also just bought 3 of the River Jr. Zero Degree Sleeping Bags for our 3 girls. We go camping A TON in our family & we've been trucking piles of blankets with us every time because we only had 3 sleeping bags. (My husband & I have 5 kids!) Now the girls each have their own sleeping bags. Hooray!

I love these sleeping bags because they're kid sized so they don't drown the kids. I would say they'd fit any kid up to their late teen years. My husband & I actually zipped each other up in them just to test them out for size & we both fit, but we are on the smaller side (as in VERY SHORT & small) I was somewhat claustrophobic once I was completely zipped inside. My husband used it as an opportunity to tickle me until I couldn't breath because I literally couldn't move. (I love my sweetie.) But though it was snug for us adults, my girls fit PERFECTLY inside. These sleeping bags are waterproof, VERY warm, & quite soft & comfortable.




My girls are ages 8, 6, & 3 so you can kind of see from the pictures how they all fit inside. We let the kids have a "camp night" inside the house because it was foggy, wet, & cold outside (the joys of Monterey, CA) so our real camping trip got cancelled. They thought that was the "coolest" thing EVER.


We only bought the girls sleeping bags because we already had 3 others for my husband & I (& our oldest son). But Bladen wanted in on the sleeping bag fun too so we let him sleep downstairs with his sisters as well.


He had a BLAST.


Overall, I'm very pleased with the River Jr. Zero Degree Sleeping Bags. They are probably too small for most adults, but if you're looking to buy something sturdy, waterproof & warm for your kids, this is the way to go. Especially if you go camping a lot. I know WE DO!

If you are interested in learning more about Shelf Reliance's emergency preparedness (& camping) supplies or would like to purchase some sleeping bags for your kiddos, leave a comment below or check out my website:

No comments:

Post a Comment